Home » One Taken to the Hospital After House Fire in Concord
Concord Featured Global News News

One Taken to the Hospital After House Fire in Concord

CONCORD, Va. (WFXR) — The Appomattox County Fire Marshal is working to learn what caused a home to catch fire in the Concord area early Saturday morning.

According to the Concord Volunteer Fire Department (CVFD), the call came in on Oct. 14 around 2:44 a.m. for a house fire on Paradise Road. While on the way to the scene, first responders learned the homeowner was out of the house and told officials that their home was smoking.

Several crews including the Appomattox Volunteer Fire Department responded to the scene. When crews arrived, they found heavy flames coming from all sides of the house.

First responders on the scene of a house fire on Paradise Road on Oct. 14. (Photo courtesy: Concord Volunteer Fire Department)

The crews worked together to extinguish the blaze.

Chief Jeff, with the CVFD, tells WFXR News that the home was considered a total loss. However, the fire marshal is still working to determine a cause.Man charged after 135 mph pursuit ends in Henry County

Firefighters said one person was taken to the hospital to be further evaluated for medical conditions and is receiving help from the American Red Cross.

“Great work by all agencies. We couldn’t have done it without the assistance from the other departments to accomplish the task at hand,” said the CVFD in a Facebook post.

WFXR News will update this story as additional information is released

Source : WFXR